On behalf of Providence Power Yoga, thank you for your interest in our 200 RYT Teacher Training Program - “Building A Foundation for Teaching”
We are grateful for the opportunity to assist you in fulfilling your personal and professional goals and I am delighted that you are exploring our teacher training. Transitioning from student to teacher is a powerful and rewarding step. Consider this “Building Your Foundation For Teaching” a beginning of a lifelong learning relationship with your own practice and a lifelong relationship with a being teacher. We are here to support you before, during and after your training. “Building Your Foundation for Teaching” will not only complete over 200 contact hours that will include practical teaching, group discussion, teacher led discussions but also time spent teaching in a yoga studio through community classes at Providence Power Yoga with feedback from our Teaching Faculty. We believe a teacher’s investment goes beyond the financial, taking the seat of a teacher means investing in the community. We will work to give you the best foundation for teaching in whatever you community you land.
Upon completion of the training, you will have the opportunity to register your teaching certification online with the Yoga Alliance for the status of 200 RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher), as well as create a free online Teacher Web Page through the Yoga Alliance web site.
TRAINING DATES AND TIMES
We will meet for 7 weekends - March - August 2020
- Fridays 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturdays 6:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Sundays 6:45 am - 3:30 pm
- March 20-22
- April 17-19
- May 15-17
- June 5-7
- June 19-21
- July 17-19
- Aug 21-23
+ Application Requirement
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete application for admission. Application to the program does not guarantee acceptance.
- Must take one class with each PPY Teacher Training Leader
- Candidates are evaluated for academic and physical ability, personal character, motivation and ability to manage time and meet financial obligations for tuition.
- Have practiced yoga for at least one year.
- Notification of acceptance will be by email or phone.
PPY TT APPLICATION - DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE AND RETURN TO PROVIDENCE POWER YOGA
REQUIRED BEFORE MARCH 20, 2020
Must take a total of 8 classes with PPY Teacher Training Leaders. JoEllen Hockenbrough, Julie Cloutier, Shannah Green, Caroline Pope-Peavy
REQUIRED FROM 3/2020 - 8/2020
Must be able to commit to a minimum of six classes per month at PPY Studios, Monthly unlimited yoga is included in the cost of tuition.
In order to complete the training, participants will be required to complete and hand in all homework assignments.
100% attendance is encouraged. We understand that life happens and emergencies and family situations take away from our commitments, therefore, we will allow participants to miss up to 8 hours during the course of the training. Participants will need to make up any assignments that they miss. Any missed hours must be made up before graduation weekend or by special arrangement. If an instructor must spend extra time outside of the regularly scheduled training program for make-up sessions beyond the allowed 8 hours - the student will be assessed a $35 per hour fee due at the time of the make-up. Students who fail to keep makeup time and/or fail to pay the fee will be dismissed.
Participants are required to arrive on time to each training session. As a teacher, this is your training ground to set the stage for yourself to arrive early and be ready to start. We encourage participants to arrive at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start, have all props set up and be prepared to start each session with meditation.
If it is necessary to take a leave of absence for a medical or family reason it will be your responsibility to contact PPY Teaching Faculty. Arrangements will be made to reschedule training to the next training session and work out a refund plan if needed.
+ PARTICIPANT CONDUCT
Participants will be expected to behave in a professional manner at all times. Failure to comply with the standards of conduct may result in conduct warning, suspension or program dismissal.
- Sexual harassment of any type or form will not be allowed
- Substance use or smoking during training hours will not be accepted
- Breaking confidentiality will not be tolerated
- No bullying, targeting, verbal or written abuse or exclusion of fellow teacher training participants of any kind will be tolerated. This includes in person interactions as well as social media and emails
As a Yoga Teacher in training, you will be expected to abide by the Yoga Alliance Code of Conduct as outlined below
+ YOGA ALLIANCE CODE OF CONDUCT
Our code of conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all registrants agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga. It is not intended to supersede the ethics of any school or tradition but is intended to be a basis for yoga principles. As a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®), Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT®) or representative of a Registered Yoga Schools (RYS®), I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
- Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that I live up to any commitments I make to my students or to the public, and ensuring that my practices and behavior conform to the representations I make about myself in holding myself out as a yoga practitioner who adheres to certain precepts.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
I understand that Yoga Alliance Registry may revoke my right to use the Registry Mark for cause, including failure to uphold the standards set forth in the code of conduct. Prior to revoking my right to use the Registry Mark, Yoga Alliance Registry will provide me notice of the basis for the potential revocation and an opportunity to respond in writing. After review of the evidence, Yoga Alliance Registry will issue a decision as to whether to revoke my credentials, based on its reasonable judgment of the evidence before it. I agree to hold Yoga Alliance Registry harmless for any losses or damage I may incur as a consequence of the revocation of my credentials.
Tuition, Materials and Fees
Total Tuition: $3,000
OPTION A - ONE PAYMENT IN FULL - $2800
• $2800 - SAVE $200 - PAID IN FULL (must be paid in full by March 15, 2020)
OPTION B - AFFORDABLE MONTHLY PAYMENTS
• $500 Deposit due at time of acceptance (deposit is applied to total cost)
• 7 Payments of $428.57
• Payments will be automatically charged to your credit card the 1st of each month (must provide a credit card for monthly payments)
TUITION INCLUDES: Unlimited Yoga from March 20 - August 23